1. Security Reasons (No one can find your wordpress files unless they are pretty smart)
2. Keeps your root directory clean.
- Create a folder inside your root directory "public_html" and need to be long and un-guessable "HelloDirecotryName"
- Export wordpress package into it
- And Move the files index.php and the .htaccess to the root directory
- Next open index.php file and change
5. Now every time you login to your system you'll have to use exact path http://mywordpressite.com/HelloDirecotryName/wp-admin/
6. Once you login to your dashboard go to Settings >> General Settings and ensure
- WordPress address (URL) points to http://mywordpressite.com/HelloDirecotryName/
- Site address (URL) http://mywordpressite.com/